If you don’t want to read a political rant, just scroll past my post
Another chance to change your mind
Okay, don’t say that I didn’t warn you!
So … let me get this straight.
- He had our own military tear-gas static, non-violent protesters which included the media
- He wants to invoke the Insurrection Act so he can have the power to do the same amongst the rest of the States (without permission from the governors)
- He states he wants to DOMINATE these THUGS
- He incites those 2nd Amendment hardbodies (and let’s face it, the NRA) to take up arms to defend themselves
So … NO to peaceful protest, but YES to violence against them so we can dominate those that may or may NOT be part of the rioters & looters?
And NO to the Federal Government interfering in State matters (-ie management of the current COVID pandemic, meaning absolutely NO leadership in working with the appropriate persons), but YES to having the ability to deploy our own military “manage” the crowds in ALL States?
Does anyone else see similarities from history on how dictatorships begin?
- Demonizing the opposition
- Systematic efforts to intimidate the media and anyone that doesn’t agree with them
- Politicizing the civil service, military, National Guard, or the domestic security agencies
For my Filipino and Filipino-American friends & family: Doesn’t it sound similar to how Marcos implemented martial law? And then subsequently revamped the constitution, silenced the media, and used violence and oppression against the political opposition and ordinary citizens?
Do you want this to happen to the US? Because it’s already happening.
You may like him and/or agree with him on one or all of what he has done, or what he purports to be his stance about certain issues. You may like what he has “done for the economy.”
You may NOT like who he ultimately runs against for re-election.
But I implore you to think long and hard on who you want to lead our country.
And I implore you to VOTE.
Off soapbox … for now.