Two posts in one day?! Oh. Em. Gee. (As my younger cousin would text, as an added emphasis on “OMG”). What the bloody heck is goin’ on?! Well, I finally have a Sunday of absolutely no plans to do a little catching up on bloggies.
And seeing as if I’ve recently been tagged for a meme, I figured I do it today. And actually, come to think of it. I’ve been tagged a few times with different meme’s … so might as well do them all!
The first one was waaaaay back at the beginning of August from VA Blondie at Do Without Doing. Uhm … yeah. So sorry it’s taken me this long to do it!
- Link to the person who tagged you
- Post the rules on your blog
- Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.
- Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
- Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
Okay, six random thingies …
- I’m such a procrastinator. Oh yeah, right … like you didn’t already know!
- I’m a coffee snob. Hate the nasty stuff at work and have to pick up “the good stuff” or brew my own before heading to the office.
- I’m a sucker for word games. Throw a Scrabble board or a NYT Crossword in front of me, and I’m game. Not good at them, but I love doing them!
- I have trust issues with my hair. Not that I do anything extraordinary to it (like cut/dye/style it a special way), I just don’t like anyone I don’t know or trust playing with it.
- I’m not as daring or brave or as impulsive as most people (IRL) think. I’m actually quite a deliberative person who has to be excessively prepared before heading into a situation. (Okay, maybe I should have just said I was “anal-retentive”!)
- Sunday mornings are probably my most favorite time of the week. I love sleeping in, but the utter quietness of Sunday mornings makes me feel at peace … even for just a minute
The next one is from Kara at Becoming Parents. (Okay, wow … this one was from back in June! Talk about procrastination!) This meme was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith & Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous & Obscure. Apparently, Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were, “For Sale: Baby Shoes, Never Worn.” The book is a compilation of similar 6 word stories. This meme challenges us to do the same:
- Write your own six word memoir.
- Post it to your blog including a visual illustration if you would like.
- Link to the person who tagged you
- Tag 5 more bloggers
- Don’t forget to leave a comment in the tagged blogs with an invitation to play
Here’s my Six (okay, really seven) Word Memoir and visual illustration:
(A) non-fictional account of triumph over tragedy
And finally, Kate over at Bee in the Bonnet tagged me for this one word meme. Apparently I’m supposed to stick to a one word answer … which, just like Kate, will be torture for someone who loves to just babble on and on and on …
So here’s my attempt
- Where is your cell phone? Purse
- Where is your significant other? Table
- Your hair color? Black
- Your mother? Religious
- Your father? Traveling
- Your favorite thing? Reading
- Your dream last night? Scary
- Your dream/goal? Far
- The room you’re in? Cafe
- Your hobby? Writing
- Your fear? Failure
- Where do you want to be in six years? Happy
- Where were you last night? Football
- What you’re not? Ignorant
- One of your wish list items? Travel
- Where you grew up? Suburbia
- The last thing you did? Type
- What are you wearing? Underwear
- Your T.V.? Off
- Your pet? Family
- Your computer? MacBook
- Your mood? Content
- Missing someone? Cousins
- Your car? Orange
- Something you’re not wearing? Socks
- Favorite store? Target
- Your Summer? Gone
- Love someone? Hubby
- Your favorite color? Blue
- When is the last time you laughed? Today
- Last time you cried? Friday
And if you’ve noticed, I’ve already broken the rules / failed to follow instructions. I’ve decided that I’m not going to tag anyone. So ptooey!
Boy, this was fun!
One Reply to “Me! Me! Pick Me!”
It seems we could spend Sunday morning together well until I made my crappy coffee.