Two posts in one day?! Oh. Em. Gee. (As my younger cousin would text, as an added emphasis on “OMG”). What the bloody heck is goin’ on?! Well, I finally have a Sunday of absolutely no plans to do a little catching up on bloggies.
And seeing as if I’ve recently been tagged for a meme, I figured I do it today. And actually, come to think of it. I’ve been tagged a few times with different meme’s … so might as well do them all!
The first one was waaaaay back at the beginning of August from VA Blondie at Do Without Doing. Uhm … yeah. So sorry it’s taken me this long to do it!
- Link to the person who tagged you
- Post the rules on your blog
- Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.
- Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
- Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
Okay, six random thingies …
- I’m such a procrastinator. Oh yeah, right … like you didn’t already know!
- I’m a coffee snob. Hate the nasty stuff at work and have to pick up “the good stuff” or brew my own before heading to the office.
- I’m a sucker for word games. Throw a Scrabble board or a NYT Crossword in front of me, and I’m game. Not good at them, but I love doing them!
- I have trust issues with my hair. Not that I do anything extraordinary to it (like cut/dye/style it a special way), I just don’t like anyone I don’t know or trust playing with it.
- I’m not as daring or brave or as impulsive as most people (IRL) think. I’m actually quite a deliberative person who has to be excessively prepared before heading into a situation. (Okay, maybe I should have just said I was “anal-retentive”!)
- Sunday mornings are probably my most favorite time of the week. I love sleeping in, but the utter quietness of Sunday mornings makes me feel at peace … even for just a minute
The next one is from Kara at Becoming Parents. (Okay, wow … this one was from back in June! Talk about procrastination!) This meme was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith & Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous & Obscure. Apparently, Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were, “For Sale: Baby Shoes, Never Worn.” The book is a compilation of similar 6 word stories. This meme challenges us to do the same:
- Write your own six word memoir.
- Post it to your blog including a visual illustration if you would like.
- Link to the person who tagged you
- Tag 5 more bloggers
- Don’t forget to leave a comment in the tagged blogs with an invitation to play
Here’s my Six (okay, really seven) Word Memoir and visual illustration:
(A) non-fictional account of triumph over tragedy
And finally, Kate over at Bee in the Bonnet tagged me for this one word meme. Apparently I’m supposed to stick to a one word answer … which, just like Kate, will be torture for someone who loves to just babble on and on and on …
So here’s my attempt
- Where is your cell phone? Purse
- Where is your significant other? Table
- Your hair color? Black
- Your mother? Religious
- Your father? Traveling
- Your favorite thing? Reading
- Your dream last night? Scary
- Your dream/goal? Far
- The room you’re in? Cafe
- Your hobby? Writing
- Your fear? Failure
- Where do you want to be in six years? Happy
- Where were you last night? Football
- What you’re not? Ignorant
- One of your wish list items? Travel
- Where you grew up? Suburbia
- The last thing you did? Type
- What are you wearing? Underwear
- Your T.V.? Off
- Your pet? Family
- Your computer? MacBook
- Your mood? Content
- Missing someone? Cousins
- Your car? Orange
- Something you’re not wearing? Socks
- Favorite store? Target
- Your Summer? Gone
- Love someone? Hubby
- Your favorite color? Blue
- When is the last time you laughed? Today
- Last time you cried? Friday
And if you’ve noticed, I’ve already broken the rules / failed to follow instructions. I’ve decided that I’m not going to tag anyone. So ptooey!
Boy, this was fun!